First Half of the Second Third of the Coding Period

There is always this guy at every SunPy meet 😛

0014600b322355111231f01805d45138--dog-memes-funny-memes

Well, this has been a busy fortnight to be honest. I got caught up with other stuff, and hence I need to play catch up.

So I fixed the SRS (now my to-do list has all boxes checked 🙂 ).

Persistent storage in the webapp works on my PC. (Note that the previous line is poorly worded.)

Now I’m thinking of making slight changes to plans, and I plan to get the webapp done as quickly as possible, with DSCOVR implementation towards the end of GSoC.

Oh, and btw VSO query block level caching is finally getting merged.

 

captain-moon-moon_o_1983391

Second Half of the First Third of the Coding Period

113323dcc07e7eeb289f332ad44c8031

I know. I know. Lets face it. I’m not gonna come up with good headings this year also. :/

So, I’m back at uni now, and (proper) work begins.

I start by fixing up the issue with the SRS reader, caused by past year’s files being tarred up. Oh yes, that took some fixing. That threaded downloader is tricky to deal with.

B0VgxxYCIAAVFED

Now, to break a break from SRS (still I have to fix the missing columns issue), I start with the website. For starters, I need to take an input date, and serve the magnetogram plot of that day with AR locations marked on it. Simple, right ?

NO

Deployment server hates you.

The website is a Flask app, deployed using dokku. The app works fine on my PC, but on the server, hehe. It’s still not working as it should, as plotting the magnetogram takes > 60 seconds (coz of downloading and stuff) and the timeout issue still persists.

Well, its deployed on now.dev.sunpy.org. Construction in progress 😛

oh-husky_o_560428

First Half of the First Third of the Coding Period

c651246d4017267b56cb2d811210b5049987585695ab22fef22e52a3725ac2e6

I know. A better heading must be given. 😆

So the Coding Period has begun, aaaaand it’s time for me to head home from uni, after a long time. 🙂 😛

This means there was a lot of travelling, eating and lazing around ……..  😎

Hence, very little work was done in this fortnight.

Very little = Fixing number in SRS files with dates after 2002-06-15 = Adding 10,000 to a row

LOL

oSiajTF

Final Third of the Post Mid Evaluations Coding Period

end-is-near

So, the final stretch is on.

Now I start implementing the download functionality after fixing the path issue.

So, after trying for 4 hours, it works !!!

For one client. Out of eight. EIGHT.

FFS

It seems EVERY client has it’s own issues while adding its entries or reading its FITS headers.

So over the entire fortnight, I fix each client’s case, one by one.

Aaand I scramble to get it done just in time  :  [unidown] Download from fido search result implemented

Oh, and while I was doing that, I also managed to get this done  :  Now the database is displayed as an astropy table

The second PR makes displaying the database contents very easy and neat now  😀

chickencatmultitask.jpg

Now, after the coding period ends, I head into the evaluation period. Having done ZERO documentation.

2bbf34115051fb9821199d41d478e112d69a9dad9bfdaed4385bdd8213abb147.jpg

Second Third of the Post Mid Evaluations Coding Period

So Cadair asks : How’s it going ?

h13A5D307.jpeg

Okay. Time to get back to work.

Now was the time for implementing the downloading and adding database entries from a Fido search result. But wait.

Something is wrong. Very worgn. And this is even before I start my implementation.

The files aren’t getting downloaded into the correct location, which means there is a problem with the usage with the page argument in Fido’s fetch() function.

Issue was created here : GenericClient dosen’t handle `path` kwarg

Guess who has to fix it ?  😐

So I started the (irritating) work of resolving the path issue, which took the whole of the second fortnight after mid-evals.

Finally fixed it here : [unidown] Fixes #1854  >:D

chickencatinterview.jpg

First Third of the Post Mid Evaluations Coding Period

I give up. I can’t do it anymore. After a lot of trying and thinking, I have finally decided to give up trying to fix the copybutton.

So here’s a list of what I did in the fortnight following the Mid-Eval verdict :

  • Code – Nothing (Successful)  😎
  • Blog – Trying to figure out what to write in the blog, since I did nothing (Fail)  :/
  • Trying to figure out a decent heading for each of my new blog posts (Fail)  😥

So here’s something for the blog….

azAAmbN_700b_v2.jpg